Monday, November 3, 2008

One Fine Day

Oh what a beautiful morning! I didn't wake up early this morning but when I did I decided to go for a run. I live closer to the countryside than I realized and one day I went running and realized that past just 3 or 4 blocks and over the overpass is the beautiful Missouri countryside. Drowsily I put on my tennis shoes, walked out the door, and just ran. The air was fresh, leaves rustically red, yellow, green, and orange, and temperature 65 degrees F. It was a golden day.

It's mornings like these when I'm reminded of the importance of appreciating beauty, and thanking God for the intricate work of His hands. I feel most beautiful when the breeze kisses my face and the sun is smiling down on me. When I'm running alone and talking to my Father I feel more alive than ever. Sadly in this urbanized world I often forget what freshness feels like.

To top the morning off I went to The Brick with Rachel Davis for breakfast and had a lovely talk as always. She is one of my favorite people with her sweet spirit, fantastic ear, and godly heart. AND she is staying with me over Christmas break God willing.

There are just some days when life is allowed to be simple and wonderful.
Thank you God for one fine day.

No comments: